Friday, March 3, 2017

T and the Hospital

Life is funny sometimes. I keep telling myself I can do everything if I am depending on the Lord. Like nearly everyone, I'm continually in the practice of building faith and determining not to let the little things get me down.  For example, I found out the alignment on my car, which I got fixed three weeks ago, had ruined the two back tires on my van.  While it made {sigh--and kind of makes} me kind of grind my teeth together, I had to realize how incredibly blessed I am.  It is okay that I just need to change the back two tires. and that the tire place I go to, which is generally a little step above other companies in my opinion, won't cover the tires because alignment issues are out of the warranty.

I bemoaned that fact to an elderly gentleman and after a few minutes he said semi-kindly, "Boy, you are kind of grumpy." Ha!  If only he knew how much I was holding back.

I apologized with, "I'm sorry. I hope it's not catching, I am just disappointed about those tires.  I was hoping they would honor the warranty. I know they have to obey the rules and they don't mean it personally. I'll pull out of it. Right T?"

T smiled, "Usually."

Oh great.  Sarcasm.

T was in the hospital recently with a rare side effect of the flu.  I can't remember the right term for it, but in essence, he couldn't walk without severe pain, like howling in pain.  Think of how it feels to be in pain from a workout times ten thousand.   The first day he had it, I wasn't sold on the whole thing--maybe he just needed some motivation, so we got together with some good friends and he rode in the stroller. It thought that would be too much for him to sit while everyone else was running about, but nope. Not once did he get out of the stroller.  The alarm bells should have gone off for me then, but W said we need to take him into the ER.  I waited till the next morning. What can I say, sometimes I am a slow learner.

Turns out his muscles were breaking down and the proteins were putting stress on his kidneys so he ended up staying in the hospital for two days until his tests showed the proteins and other things were on a firm decline.

They made sure that the kiddos stayed in the room and did not allow us out to get things in the hallway.

Point being, things are going to happen. I know that and I accept it.  But I am determined to look at things optimistically and with joy. I am going to be grateful for these things and all the multitude of wonderful things that are happening even with the setbacks. Setbacks helps us grow, right.
Plus, I've got these little sweeties to keep me busy and buoyed up.  So many times I start to feel down and then I look at their beaming faces and I realize again and again things are good.  It will all work out.  I've got this!  Thank goodness for prayer and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment