Monday, September 5, 2016

Updates and Thanks

Updates with baby and me:
Last week was the 33 week mark.  Everything looks good. No further bleeds, but I still am at a high risk for a future bleed and am still on bed rest.  
This little one is one of my most active (if not the most active) baby I've ever had.  He gets hiccups about every other day.  I think I saw him blink during one of the ultra sounds.  They've had to watch and see if he does his practice breaths. It took about five to ten minutes last time.  I sure hope he's practicing. Breathing is an essential skill! I am excited to get to know his personality and see him yawn, stretch, hiccup, and kick wildly other than waves in my tummy that K calls dancing.

My bag is packed complete with all the supplies I hope to need.  I have looked at a lot of blogs giving guidelines for c-section recovery, tried to find out what to expect from having a c-section and the best way to recover quickly.  I have a couple of friends that have had all their children via c-section and I feel like I need to soak in all the information.  Some of it sounds a lot better than having a vaginal delivery (shorter post-birth pad-time--yes please!).
I have been having some major contractions (ouch!) but not at a consistent rate so the doctors don't worry about them.

These photos show the baby, at the last doctor visit, at 5.5 pounds.  I feel comfortable having this little one at the end of the month (not sure exactly what day, yet) because if I don't have him early he's going to be huge.  I am not sure if that is just me, R was 9 pounds 12 ounces, or if it is that they gave him development-helping drugs.

I really like my doctors. I love having ultra-sounds at almost every visit (a high-risk doctor-perk).
Updates with the other kiddos:
K has become an escape artist.  We've tried several baby-proofing things to keep her in the house, but she figures it out within a couple of weeks and is out of the house so quick.  Thankfully  we have an alarm that goes off when she exits so we know when she goes.

After praying about it and researching, R has decided to do online school.  He's also going to be the K wrangler.  I am so grateful he decided to do online school because honestly I am not sure how I would keep her safe when I am not supposed to even pull on her arm or pick her up.  One of his scout leaders joked that we need to find a badge to cover that. Is there one like that?!  He's so going to earn that one!

Overall I feel like my kiddos  have learned that they need to pull more weight right now, since there is very little I am supposed to do.  They're learning that it is their responsibility to clean, cook, plan what is needed at the store, do their own laundry, entertain/teach their littlest sister, and find ways to keep themselves busy.  I think this has helped with a lot of the goals I set at the beginning of summer--though they have not yet learned to iron clothes.  Overall, I consider it a great victory.

Exceedingly great thanks!
My ward has been amazing in helping me and the kiddos! We've had fresh baked bread, blueberries, tacos, snack food, pizza, rice and sausages, beef stew, Asian chicken salad, casseroles, burritos, pie, cantaloupe, popsicles, rolls, and a lot of apples and pears (to name a few).  Thank you!

We've had people lend us book and DVDs or take my kidlets to their homes for playdates so I can have a few hours of silence or go to the doctor.  Some people bring their kiddos and they have a marvelous play-date here, while I rest.  Thank you!

We've received premie clothes and newborn baby clothes and it makes me so excited! Although, I can barely imagine having a little one so small.  He's going to love them and I am going to love seeing them on him! Thank you!

I have loved the visits, text messages, and Facebook messages offering encouragement and help.  It means so much and really cheers me up!  All of the acts of kindness and love listed above and the ones I have failed to mention have been an answer to many prayers!  Thank you seems insufficient for the words I feel, but thank you from the depths of my heart and also from my family. You are an answer to many prayers!

Of course, number one thanks goes to my Heavenly Father for blessing me us so incredibly with an amazing support system and for this little one!  I know the fact that he is still alive and doing well is a phenomenal miracle and every time I feel him roll and kick or see him on the ultra-sound screen that we are beyond fortunate. My prayers are packed with gratitude!  

No comments:

Post a Comment