Monday, August 8, 2016

Updates from the Hospital



Just a few more photos from the first visit from W, S, T, and K.  Look at those smiles. I think they were excited to be going to the hospital at all--I am not sure the idea of being away from one another had really set in just yet.



The first few days have, for the most part, flown since being here in the hospital.  My mother came on Thursday night. She stayed at the hospital with me for all of Friday until W could make it down to pick her up.  We had such a great time chatting and laughing together.  I love my mom!
Before my mom arrived, they changed my room to one with an amazing view, which I loved.  It also had a view of a parking garage--where a man stood on the top level edge for about twenty minutes looking out over the horizon. I couldn't tell if he was on the phone or something, but he climbed up and I ended up calling the nurse to see if we should call security. In other words, I was feeling worried he would jump.  The moment I told the nurse what I saw she went and stood directly at the window and the man turned and walked away from the edges of the parking garage.  She threw up her hands happily and cried, "I saved him!!"  Haha.  Good times!  A nurse after my own heart.

The next day when W came to see me and pick up my mother dear, he brought the kiddos.  K climbed up on the bed and wrapper herself and me in the covers and said, "Snuggle!" So I snuggled her.  Oh my heart, how I miss my kidlets!

Don't let T's face in the photo fool you, he was happy to be there--but has mostly wanted to see my bed completely inflated--which at the time seemed anything but comfortable for all involved.
S was determined to visit the gift shop. R was at scout camp so he didn't come. 

 The little one inside me is adoring my ribs (ouch) but staying put for the time being [enthusiastic cheer].  Let's hope for a bunch of uneventful weeks ahead. :D  So grateful for the TLC I have been getting at this hospital!  I cannot say thank you enough to everyone that is reaching out in love to my family!  We've had meals at the house and I've had some visitors, which has been wonderful!  Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. The crew stopped here last night and oh how good it was to see your children! They were a delight and we can't wait for them to come back! We are so glad you are safe! Live you Melanie and Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crew stopped here last night and oh how good it was to see your children! They were a delight and we can't wait for them to come back! We are so glad you are safe! Live you Melanie and Wayne!

    ReplyDelete