Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Potty Training K

The week before the bleed, I was working on potty training K.  I found a few things interesting about potty training her. I can't remember how it was potty training the others (maybe that is a blessing), but with her I noticed that if I wanted success, she would take herself to the loo better if I didn't make a big deal out of it. In other words, no potty dance, but rewards were acceptable and appreciated.  She loves to change clothes several times a day and keeps us hopping and asking over and over "Do you need to go potty?"  When any of us have to go potty we make a family-wide announcement, "I have to go potty right now."  We do that in hopes that she'll follow our lead and make such announcements in the future.
W took this photo and texted it to me while I was in the hospital.  She insists on wearing those
shorts even though they are too small. Yesterday they surreptitiously made it into the trash. :)
I was so grateful to my mom, whom I frankly felt bad about passing the potty training bill onto, but she took it on like it was no big deal and continued to encourage K.  I think they must have stopped a lot on the way home.  Thanks, Mom!

She still has at least two accidents a day and sometimes doesn't want to go before we leave or before bed time, but we're working on it.  I would be amiss to not let you know that pull-ups have been pulled-out for emergencies.  I'm so grateful we live in a time and place where we can be flexible.  

S has made a sticker chart where if she remembers to go number two for seven days, she gets a big prize (a talking Sheriff Callie doll--that was on sale), as a means to say she's finished potty training.  Gulp.  It's a work in progress.

We will prevail. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment