Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Excitement at the River

 Today, even though I am still on bed rest, we were all being slightly grouchy (that's pleasantly put) at one another and I knew it was time that we had to get out of the house.  I think it was more than cabin fever--it was also lunch time and so I think it was that we were hangry.
We went and got some food and then to the local park that right next to the river. We walked down the dock and R said to S wisely, "Always expect the unexpected!"  Then a freak wave bumped the dock and R fell, head first, into the river.  The Albany Fire Department were there doing rescue drills and two of them dashed down faster than you could say "Bob's your uncle" and helped him out.

That made me feel very confident in our Albany Fire Department.

R is quite a competent swimmer and we were all laughing together as they pulled him out.  He probably would have pulled himself out or swam to shore.  Nice thing was, his shoes floated.
We left some pies in the oven since our freezer was left open last night, thanks to a popsicle seeking three-year-old.  All the food was thawed, so we put the apple pies into the oven in hopes that the food was still edible.  Am I the only one that wants to cry a little when the whole freezer full of food and goodies gets thawed?  Oh well, I guess in the long scheme of things that trial is itty bitty compared to a lot of other problems.  W has already volunteered to restock my freezer (I love that guy)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment