Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Great News!!!



We are expecting a baby boy!  Number five is on the way!  Don't you love that photo of W. Isn't he handsome! :D  Love this guy!
 I love Ben's face in this photo! The anticipation was intense with squeals of "Is it a boy?" and "Is it a girl?!"  There were a couple of popped balloons.  Haha!
 We were in St. George for Memorial Day for the VDG family reunion and S made me promise that I would wait and tell everyone, even W, my sweet husband, during the reunion.  So I waited and decided I still really like the balloon idea and that the kiddos that were there (there are a lot of us now) would like it as well.
 They loved it!  When I pulled the blue balloon out of the envelope there was a happy cheer (which would have been there either way), but it was such a delight to have everyone be so excited about it. Can you see my baby bump. Yes, I did have people double checking to make sure I wasn't having twins (goes with the pregnancy territory, I guess).
 In retrospect, I would have loved to have W open the envelope so I could watch his face.  Maybe next time, if there is a next time.
 We did this in the shade of the trees in the St. George temple parking lot, right across the street from the LDS pioneer-built temple where my Grandma H used to be a worker (which meant a lot to me). We were trying to keep the temple grounds reverent which is why we did this in the temple parking lot.
 No matter what religion you are, if you need a moment of reflection and peace I would suggest going to the LDS temple grounds closest to you.  They are so beautiful and kept-up.  Plus, to us this ground is very special to us.  Thus the desire for reverence from our family.
S, I loved seeing you help all the cousins!
 This was your smile the entire time we were with the cousins, T.  Such happiness!


  So thankful that I married this guy and so glad we have this amazing family!

Photos by Joe VDG. Thanks Joe!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! How wonderful to get a chance to be all together and celebrate! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! How wonderful to get a chance to be all together and celebrate! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! We love you!

    ReplyDelete