Monday, May 2, 2016

What Type of Person Lifts and Inspires You?

In the spirit of keeping it real, I often ask myself, "What will people remember about me?" "Do I inspire and uplift others?"

Do you ever ask yourself this?


My friend from high school was speaking at the BYU's Women's Conference. She was Mrs. Utah and just from following her on Instagram and Facebook have been touched over and over by her quiet faith and her love of her family.

It's people like that that touch your life and you think, wow, that woman is something else.  My sisters-in-law on both my and W's side inspire me that way too.  Each time I get together with them, I feel their faith, their deep love of family, and their determination to do their best.  They are some of the kindest people you've ever met and I tend to shake my head with wonderment that the Lord blessed me to know these astounding women.

Then, there's my mother and my mother-in-law and then it is like--Hold the Phone! There are two spots reserved in the Celestial Kingdom (Heaven) for these absolutely saintly women!


But, back to the subject, what type of person lifts and inspires you? What is your list?

People that inspire me have:

  • a love of kindness
  • a sense of calm
  • encouraging manners
  • optimism
  • good listening skills
  • an ability to "keep it real" but not complain
  • a love for others and others can tell it is real
  • gratitude
  • hope
  • joy in the success of others
  • understanding
There are so many women I know that have these traits.  To them (if you're wondering if you're one of them, you probably are), I say a heartfelt and joyful, "Thank you so much!  You've blessed my life in so many ways!"

I know that a lot of times a group thank you is insufficient, to say the least, but if I wrote a list my heart would ache for the people that I left out that have touched my life.  So please, imagine me saying this to you personally over a nice cup of cocoa or an ice cream cone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment