Friday, April 8, 2016

Reply to Someone Else's Blog Post

 I follow a blog called 71 Toes.  It is just beautiful and my currently my favorite on the whole internet.  Today she posted about a woman who's husband is just starting residency and she is going to have a new baby with two children already very close in age as well as some of her worries and fears.  I felt I could really relate.  



While I only have four currently, I have amazing sisters-in-law that make the whole child-rearing thing look like an art.  It is an art. An art of love.

These are my suggestions to her.



We just finished a residency three years ago. I whole-heartedly agree with Shawni. Cherish those moments. 

One thing I wish I had accepted was that "This is my current happy." No, things will not be perfect, there will be times that you feel overwhelmed a lot, but give yourself permission to say, "I have done the best I could, today and I accept that." 

The date on this one is wrong. It is sometime in 2008.

Your children may look homeless for awhile, trust me, my littlest one changes out of her clothes almost as fast as I lovingly wrestle them onto her I have four, but my first three were pretty close together too. [But it will all work out]. 

Every time there is a smile or a comment that makes you smile, cherish that moment. 


If/When your child uses the bathroom on the playground equipment, don't take it too seriously. Clean it up and laugh it off (don't be offended if other people are laughing because they are totally relating and understanding). 


If "well-meaning" people give you their sharp feeling opinion, accept that, in the long run, their opinion means little or nothing at all. 


You'll be guided as you pray for help. You have a loving Heavenly Father (and Savior and ancestors gone before you) cheering you on. Sometimes it helps to envision that when you have little victories amid a lot of setbacks. Hugs to you! You can do this!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful advice from a beautiful mother! We love you Melanie and are so proud of you and the great memories you have made and are making with your family- what a fun and beautiful legacy of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful advice from a beautiful mother! We love you Melanie and are so proud of you and the great memories you have made and are making with your family- what a fun and beautiful legacy of love!

    ReplyDelete