Monday, August 31, 2015

Scout Camp


 During the first week of the play, you and Dad, R, went to scout camp.  Dad did all he could to make sure your backpacks were as light as possible--which meant very thin sleeping bags. I did warn Dad to take the nicer ones that were heavier, but also had a lot of padding for warmth.  Trust me a warm sleeping bag is a God-send when you're camping.  You ended up using some stuff Brother Greaves brought--like a nicer tent for warmth.

 Here are some of the texts that we sent one another.
W: R is living it up here. I'll get pics.  (I think he meant "loving" but ya know, autocorrect has a mind of its own).
 R: Hi Mom, this is R talking. I love you so much tell everyone hi for me. Have a good night. By the way, did S feed Skittles?
 W:  We are at another lake. Did a 5-mile hike and working on badges. =-D
 W: Miss you. Excited for your debut.  How is K and T doing with Emma (the babysitter)?
 R:  I miss you too. I'm doing OK. It's really fun but the food is awful! It's hard to bare but soon I'll be able to see you guys!
 W: I miss you all so much. R is really missing the fridge.
 S: I barely ate dinner. We're at play practice. I feel like fainting. (Wild eyed emoticon).
W: Oh no u need to tell mom and eat something.
S: I just ate a pop tart.
S: I'm fine...?
S: (Now)
S: But really I'm fine.
 It got so desperate for R that he actually ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  That must have been pretty desperate.  W recorded the event.

M: I lost my glasses last night at the play and had to drive home without them. That was exciting. I miss you!
M: All three children slept in our bed. It was a riot, but K was the main rioter.  She was so mad. I love you!
 W:  Love you more we are now done with the hiking part and has an shower at the state park and are in bed. Tomorrow we are caving. I miss you! R misses you even more.
 




 See how beautiful it is?!

 It looks like there is something climbing that tree, doesn't it?!



 The people at Dad's work keep asking, "How was your vacation?"  Haha!  Scout camp as a vacation?!  That is a good one.  But it was breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment