Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 1, Family Reunion in Idaho

Kidlet-Os:
We went to Idaho for a family reunion. You and I drove down on Thursday.  We surprised my parents and left a day earlier than we had been planning.  We drove for 13 hours-ish with three bathroom breaks and no fast-food (a biggie for us).  

My parents asked how I did it--driving the whole way without Daddy to drive with us (he flew out on Saturday) and I told them military gum--which is a caffeine packed gum.  It was also the stories on my phone that I checked out from the library.  There was the one that we all have nicknamed the sappy story because around a third of the book is the people telling how much they adore the other main character in the book.  It makes me laugh when you call it that. We listened to the Matched trilogy book Crossed by Ally Condie.  Then we listened to The Lord of the Rings by Tolkein, but it was dramatized with a lot of different people and The Five Kingdoms; Crystal Keepers by Brandon Mull.  

The books kept me awake even more than the military gum.

 The next day Grandma told me that she was taking the older grand kids to the temple. I forgot to get your temple recommend, R--so you got to stay home with the other grand kids to help with the little children.  But there was a three hour waiting line to get in to do baptisms so that didn't work at that time for them.

 Our group of adults didn't actually make it into one session, there were eight of us.  So we opted to do sealings.  On of the other patrons almost passed out.  Aunt Tanya, a super nurse, stepped out to help her. I was so thankful for all my brothers and their absolutely amazing wives!


Aw!  I love our family!

For more on temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment