Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Opinion Please

Dear Readers:

Today is a break from my normal letters to my children.  I cannot make up my mind on something that is very important to me. 

As you have seen I am really trying to build my movie making skills--and I know that right now they are not, how shall I say this nicely--PBS-worthy (heehee). My goal is to accept my not-greatest work as skill-building work.  I am going to accept my awkward and not favorite work as stepping stones to a better place that I want to be.  

I am going to start building my movie making kit, work on writing scripts, improve my sound--but I have to be realistic.  

Motherhood is no small task and I would be lying if I told you that movie-making is my sole interest at this juncture because motherhood is my focus, my family is my focus--which is why they are in so much of my work and will likely continue to be in the future.


I am not going to look at people's work that are even less experienced than I and think how ludicrous it is that I am trying.  Sure their work may be better than mine, but I am going to cheer for them and their abilities and then turn to my goals. I will accept that our work is different. I will accept that our learning curves may differ exponentially. But I. Will. Not. Stop. Trying.

I make short movies because I want to build my family and my relationship with my children. I want to be able to make a difference, even if it is momentary, in the lives of the people who see my work.  I want to learn and grow in my abilities as a mother, an actor, a director, a cinematographer and a storyteller.

Now I am stepping off my proverbial soapbox and asking for your opinion.  Do you think that I should:
A: Use my Happy Extra blog to post my work as it is more established.
B. Use my Family Filmmaker blog as the blog to post my work.
C: Start a new blog focused on what I am learning, what inspires me, and what I am making.

I really appreciate your time to give me your opinion. I cannot guarantee that I will do the one you choose, but I would like to hear what your opinion is.  If you have another opinion that I did not list, please feel free to let me know what you think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment