Sunday, January 18, 2015

Life of Christ

Shields Garden has beautiful sculptures showing the events from the life of Jesus Christ.
Mary and Baby Jesus.  If you can, scroll in closer to her face. I am not sure why, but the faces of each of these statues really spoke to me.  Right away I looked at Mary's face and saw that deep love she had for her baby and that knowledge that He would always be loved by her.
 The faces of the men talking to Jesus when he was a child. You can see their doubt, awe, and Jesus' thoughtfulness.


 Oh, this is beautiful.  Look at the awe on the little girl.

 The face of the little boy are of complete faith and trust.
  Jesus healing the sick. 
 The woman at the well.

 I love the expression of Christ from Palm Sunday.  He looks like he is about to give you a big hug.


 When I got to this point, I felt so incredibly blessed. When I was in college we did an oratorio all about Christ in The Bible and The Book of Mormon. As we sang, my heart swelled with joy. My favorite part was when we sang about Jesus Christ rising from the grave.  Something like this.
  As we sang, "He is not here, for He is risen!  He is risen! He is risen!" I felt like I wanted to run to each person in the audience and grasp their hands with joy and tell them, "This is true! Pray about it for yourself, with real intent, and you will know too!"
When I got to this area I had a very peaceful feeling that this place was where I needed to be right then.  Am I doing all I can to be what God wants me to be?  How can I do better?  Trust me, there is a lot, but I also have faith that I am a work in progress.  It was beautiful.  I needed that moment of still and peace. I like to find one or two quiet places where I can take a moment and refocus.
"As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord." (Joshua 24:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment