Thursday, December 11, 2014

Primary President

A couple of weeks ago I was called as the Primary President in our new ward, after three and a half months of no calling.  They initially told me that I would be put in by the new year--which I assumed meant the end of December.  That is not what they meant.  Three weeks later ta-da, here I am the new primary president.

There were a few things that I was assured.  I was told to plan on serving for at least four years.  Last time I was in for a year (I thought that was how long we should plan for).  This will be the second time that I have been your Primary President, just in case you were wondering. Also that I would have the support of my husband and the rest of the ward.

Right after I was asked, I felt a strong feeling or an impression of a few things.  I know that I need to teach them to build their testimonies and through their testimonies they (and you, sweethearts) will be protected.

The world is changing and now, more than ever before, is the time for strength and understanding. It is time to know where we came from, where we are going and why we are here.   It is time to ask, with our whole souls and hearts to know the truth and to plead for an answer from God.  He will answer. It may not be in the way you expect or even when you expect but He will answer!  

Also, I just have felt love for each dear one in primary.  I have always felt love you, kidlets.  But now I am determined to learn every child's name and a few things about each soul.  I want to see the unlimited potential in each one and I want to be one of the people that points it out to them.  I want them to recognize the feelings of kindness and respect and to mirror it to others around them.

I want reverent love to be the feeling in our Primary room and for each child to know that they are a child of God. Do you know this? I hope you do. I feel like I tell you this often. We often sing the songs about it.

Last Saturday was our ward Christmas party--which fell on my shoulders and the shoulders of our new presidency.  Thankfully, Erica Knecht, the last Primary President had planned it really well and I just had to buy some supplies and be there to prepare.  It went really well, even if we were there for an hour afterward cleaning up.

I know that through the Lord's help, I can do this!  I will do my best to be the leader that I need to be.  I pray that I can make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. You are destined for primary! And you will be great---again! :)

    ReplyDelete