Friday, October 24, 2014

To-Do List Update

This may shock you that I didn't get my whole list done. In fact, I think I got one or two things done.  So let's celebrate the things I did get done.

1.  Chore chart--I got this sweet thing from the Dollar Tree.  I did the super classy thing and wrote in the little circles.  There are three "free" chores where they don't actually have to do anything much.  I need to go over some of the jobs with you--so you know the right way to do it.   You also have a list of non-negotiable chores you get to do.  The chores on the "clock" are:

1   Empty all garbages
2   Clean bathrooms
3   Free
4   Set table
5   Clear table
6   Empty dishwasher
7   Vacuum
8   Sweep
9   Free
10 Fold and put away one load of laundry
11 Fill dishwasher
12 Free


2.  FHE on kindness.  We did have the kindness lesson and I started a kindness jar--little balls are put in when someone uses their kind, happy voice. Grumpy-pants voices are not allowed.  When it is full, you get some delicious goodies as a reward.  

3. I got some shopping done--but not enough. . . but I did get some done.

Celebrate . . . now.

We'll just pretend those cute little not-dones are not giving me the stink eye.  I'll get to you--boy's chest of drawers, good morning/bedtime routine, tell children about their talents--I can do that, and mopping the floor. On a positive note, I did sweep well. Except, now I have to do it again. :)

On a side note, I watched the show Mom's Night Out, it's about an overworked, stressed out mother striving to find joy in motherhood--but she needs a break. She takes a mom's night out and everything gets crazy and when it just gets crazier and crazier she comes to the realization that she's doing okay, great even.  She may not be living up to her ideal, but she's doing a great job. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment