Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dear K

K: Sometimes I look at you and I realize that you are one of the greatest reminders I have to be grateful.  I have to say it has been a little nice to have a five year gap between your older brother and you because now I can be a new mom again and feel confident that I am doing things right (which I was often unsure about with R).  You have found a voice recently.  You throw tremendous fits for a 1-year-old.  You can walk backwards now and then and you find that very interesting and you keep walking backwards until you bump into something--like a wall or a table that within the last couple of months has become too short for you.  I love to see you turn in circles when you dance. I did a dance video for exercise the other day and you did about half of it with me.  You have little Shirley Temple type dimples and curls. Every time we go to the store together someone says, "Would you look at all those curls? Where did she get those?"  or "What isle did you get that cutie on? I'll take one just like her."
You made me smile when we went to the beach last week and you ate some sand and then immediately spit it out. Then you gave us this look for about five minutes--we laughed the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment