Thursday, August 28, 2014

My Master Bedroom Step One

 You may want to know, we didn't buy very much stuff in the year that we've lived in Oregon, although Daddy may not agree with me on that, per moving.  Moving can be incredibly frustrating and this move was no different, but it felt easier (probably because we didn't have to move our furniture out into the street for the garbage men to haul away).
Please pardon the fact that the pillows and the sheets don't go too well with the bed.  What do you think?  It's not perfect, but something in this makes me do a happy sigh and think relaxing thoughts.  Check my Pinterest board for some ideas I have.
Grammers suggested I go to the thrift stores and find pieces that I love and can personalize with a fresh coat of paint and some elbow grease.  I can't wait to paint and to have dirt colored carpet that forgives our families indiscretions of walking tip toe through the rooms in our shoes to get last minute things and not having it look like the mud monster waltzed through--the darkness of the photo helps disguise that.   

When I imagine you reading this, kidlets, I wonder if you're wondering, "When did Mom's room ever look like that?  I don't remember that.  And I am sort of hoping you're also thinking, "Wow, Mom's sense of style sure came through because her room look stupendous now!"  :)  I can hope, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment