Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Happy birthday K!

Dear K:

Happy birthday!

I know your birthday was actually awhile ago, but I have to say--I really enjoy you. It's not that I didn't enjoy your brothers or sister, it is that when they were your age I felt like either I didn't quite know what I was doing and that made me a little nervous (like with R when he was the only one) or I felt like I couldn't keep up with anything (like when T was a baby and R and S were small children into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.).


You started walking about a month after you turned one.  You have been pretty sick, and every time we take you to the doctor they tell us that you are just teething and that eventually you will grow out of it.  I hope they are right, but it doesn't keep you from waking up at night, nearly every night with either a high fever or screams of pain.   I'm not sure pediatricians know how to find out if something is beyond teething or an ear ache.  So far, I think that is the limit of their knowledge because they are never curious enough to find out if it is something else.  But before I make this letter you a rant about pediatricians, I want you to know that I love you soooooo dearly.

Every day when I look at you I cannot help but feel blown away by blessedness.  I look at you and your siblings and my heart feels like it will burst with gladness.  You have parents that love you and hope the best for you, always.

I just paused my writing to give you five kisses on your delightful face.

One of my favorite things you do is dance.  You've loved to dance since you were around six months old.   You would try to move with the music.  Now you to the up and down jostle whenever music comes on that you like (which is often).

You also have one of the world's best snuggles.  You know exactly where to put your head and I can just move my head a tiny bit and give you a smooch right on your head and breathe in your dear baby-smell. It is so validating to be hugged like that!

I love you so dearly!  Thank you for being my baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment