Monday, April 28, 2014

Relief Society Birthday Party 2014

The Relief Society of our ward (our congregation that meets together) had a Relief Society birthday party.  The Relief Society was formed on March 17, 1842.  Every year we get together to celebrate the creation of a wonderful organization that welcomes women 18 and older.  It is a society determined to aid people whenever and however we can, particularly to one another.
The theme of this year's birthday party was as you can probably tell, bees and the talk given by Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 2012, https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/be-anxiously-engaged?lang=eng.
In the beginning we each chose randomly a number 1-7. Then we sat and visited wherever we wanted.
Then after a few minutes later they started.  I got there right on time because I got to sing with some sisters from our ward (at the end).  The board on the right in the photo above was a place where the sisters were invited to write acts of service they've either had done for them or have done--which strengthen our hive, if you will.
Then they invited us to go sit at the table number we had chosen.  And there was a little cup filled with questions we could ask each other to get to know one another.  I loved it. I found myself just marveling at these wonderful sisters and how grateful I am to know them. It also made me ponder all the sisters of the Relief Society that I have known and I feel so grateful that the Relief Society and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints helped me to get to know them, for so many of them have blessed my--and in return your lives.
You all went--R, S, T and K. You older ones went to the play room/nursery and K you came with me. You pulled the bee off my napkin. :)
This activity must have taken a lot of planning and foresight.  I am so thankful for those who did this.
This salad was amazing and I have been craving it ever since. I'm going to be making this a lot this summer. I posted this so I could copy it if I ever have the RS meeting calling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment