Thursday, March 20, 2014

Let's Get to Work!

Many years ago my cousin James had a toy tractor with a voice button that would say, "Let's get to work." Then the tractor horn would blare, "Honk, honk!"  For years my family would, when rallying our strength to get things done around the house, help each other by quoting "Let's get to work! Honk, honk!"


I have been thinking of the things that I really want you to know for your future and what will really help you achieve your goals and dreams and one of the things that tops the list is that you need to learn to work.

In fact I have been thinking (aka, for me, praying) about it a lot lately.  In fact it was keeping me awake last week.  You love anything electronic and would like to spend all day every day glued to one screen or another. It's how it is has always been--which is one of the reasons I desperately wanted a yard because I thought it would help you desire to go outside and enjoy the marvels of the great outdoors.

So, we made some changes this week. We have focused on things that you need to get done before you can play electronic devices.

Things like:
Picking up Toys.
Setting/clearing the table
 Taking out the garbage and sweeping/vacuuming and mopping the floor.

Making your bed.
 I'd say so far we have a 70 percent increase in production (hehe).  No really, you've improved a lot and the computers are off at the moment so I think we're having success--now to go fix dinner with you.

Love ya! You are so capable and I know that you can do hard things.  Working may or may not be considered one of those things, but I want to be sure that you can work hard when you are grown up and do not expect other people to do everything for you, or what people today call entitled adults. You will be one of those people that are quickly hired because you have a reputation of your commitment to professional and quality of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment