Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I am here. Do not worry.

Last night, K, you cried for a few minutes--long enough for me to hear you, drop what I was doing, and come hurrying to your aid. You were crying dear, pitiful tears. But, the moment I walked into the room and said, "Don't worry, I am here!" you stopped crying and your little arms flew into the air in the universal baby language for please pick me up and hold me.  My heart was touched and I said a silent prayer that you will always know that if you have fears and worries that some how in some way I will, or some one near you will be able to give you a hug or to just tell you, "It will be okay. I am here for you!"


You are never alone! God is always there to comfort you.  If you are feeling sadness, pray and then open the scriptures for comfort. If that is not enough, go and serve someone else--you may be an answer to their prayers. In return, that act of love for others may be an answer to your own prayer.

Elder Uchtdorf says, "By becoming the answer to someone's prayer we often find the answer to our own."


In a talk Elder Holland gave in 2004 he said: 
God not only lives; He loves us. He loves you. Everything He does is for our good and our protection. There is evil and sorrow in the world, but there is no evil or harm in Him. He is our Father--a perfect father--and He will shelter us from the storm. . .
"Fear not, little flock . . . Look [to Christ] in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
"Ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath prepared for you."
(D&C 6:34; 36; 78:17).
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment