Monday, December 9, 2013

Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle J and the Housing Decision

You've been busy the last week or so. Grandma and Grandpa O. and uncle J came into town and they stayed for a couple of days after Thanksgiving. We had so much fun and you showed Grandma all the great things you've been doing.  While they were here we went out to eat and went house hunting.  I was all gung-ho to find the house of our dreams, but at this point in time I haven't found one that we both agree will be perfect.  We've decided to wait a little bit before we buy a house and save up for a good down payment or something.  My friend, our Realtor, will continue to email me the houses that come up within our price range, but until then I am trying to feel patient.


But part of me, the Pinterest board addict part of me, dreams of building my own house on a large lot, with lots of storage, decent square footage and options galore.  I want a building, a studio if you will, with a lot of light.  Until then, the front room of this rental will be my studio and almost all of my filming will be there. 

  We have a fun little yard with a water feature, which with this freezing weather has at least inch-thick ice on the pond part. The grass is covered with an icy covering.  You've loved it and have been breaking ice every where, leaving footsteps in the icy grass and overall enjoying our yard in this bleak coldness. 


Daddy thinks that it is colder here than in New York. According to the weather alerts I have seen, it is the coldest that it has been since 2009 and pressing to win some other records from the 1970s.  But, you haven't minded.  I haven't minded, since I don't have to walk you the mile to school with you any more.  You know, in some ways I miss the extra time I spent with you, but I do not  miss the headaches of always making sure you had your gloves, hat and scarves.  You're relatively cheerful, I believe, once you get on the bus.  So that makes it nice because I think you like to spend a few minutes with your bus friends and I get the nice, quiet complaint-free minutes to plan, prepare and sleep (hehe--kidding on the last, most days).


Maybe it is a good thing, for now, that we cannot find the house of our dreams. Maybe the house of our rental will be just right for the time being.  I have loved all the friends we have made here, so maybe it is a good thing.


We are so glad that Grandma and Grandpa and J came to visit us.  We had so much fun talking.  Daddy was feeling very under the weather so they stayed in a hotel and then invited us over to have fun in the swimming pool.  K and I opted out at that point, but I had a great time talking with my mom!


Grandpa even gave you some swimming lessons. It was great.  Thank you Mom and Dad and J! We love you so much! Thank you Mom, for talking over every house, in great detail, with me.  Thank you for your support and kindness always!  Thank you Dad for playing with the kidlets and making it so fun! Thank you J, for making all the moments together happy and joyful and for bringing your Lego set to build with R, S, and T! They loved it and the main thing they have been asking for, for Christmas, since you left are some Lego sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment