Wednesday, October 16, 2013

To T

You made me laugh a lot the other day! We had to take K in for her check-up and you told the doctor all your symptoms.  You have been feeling great, so I am not sure where the symptoms came from.

At any rate, we decided to go to Whole Foods to pick up some things for K.  We decided to get lunch there. You told me that you really wanted some macaroni and cheese.  But you were acting just a little glum.

Recently you have decided that it is the epitome of hilarity to say the opposite of what I want to hear. I think you may be going for the shock factor (which I have tried to deplete).

So when I said, "Show me a smile and we'll go get that macaroni and cheese face!" you gave me several funny faces ranging between no teeth, some teeth, side smile, side frown, full frown. I said, "I guess if you can't find that happy smile that we'll just go right now.  You put your head down dejectedly.

Then I said, "Show me your macaroni and cheese smile and we'll go get some."  You beamed.


And I heard a chortle behind me and I realized that the interaction that we'd just had was probably rather entertaining.

You love video games, Legos, plush toys, not touching things that crawl or jump, sharing goodies, and many other great things.  You are getting much better at playing the piano and reading, which you learned from family scripture study.

I love you so much! Thank you for being my boy!

Do you know what I love about you? Everything!

Love,
Mom

P.S. What is the best way to go run errands after you get out of school, for you to come cheerfully and voluntarily?

No comments:

Post a Comment