Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Date Night With You

Daddy is so dear to me, as you know.  He surprised me by taking me on a date, with all of you too!  


It made me really happy that he wanted to do a family date. I like it almost as much as I like a mommy and daddy only date. You plead with us to go to Olive Garden and so, we did.  You loved the bread sticks and the "macaroni and cheese."  They forgot to give us our take-home meal, but other than that it was was a really fun time. 

Daddy and I told you about our first dance-date, where Daddy took me to the Olive Garden. My mother had always taught me that when you go out on a date, you let your date order first and then you get something of equal or lesser priced.  The dish I really wanted was ten cents more, but being the stickler I was and how much I adored daddy, I went for the spaghetti (ten cents less).  While we were talking a mayfly came swooping around us and . . . ended up in my spaghetti, which I did not really like any way but there was no way I was going to eat it then. I didn't want daddy to see how ick-ified I felt over the fly so I just stopped eating and pretended nothing was wrong.  We had so much fun talking that we sat there for three hours. They came by several times to see if we were done.  Finally they asked us to leave if we were finished because they were incredibly busy and needed the table.  It felt so nice to just talk. Daddy was hilarious and we laughed so much!  Remember, when you date someone that you enjoy being with them. If they are the right person, they will inspire you to be your best self.  You will feel so happy. 

The best thing about the whole night was seeing your expressions and your happiness at eating out together and hearing the above story. I liked that we talked about food and our day in detail. You mean the world to me! Thank you for being my kidlets!

No comments:

Post a Comment