Monday, September 30, 2013

Dried Pears

When I was a little kid we had access to a lot of fresh apples and oranges when they were in season (my parents always got the good deals) and dried fruit was sometimes to be had at my Grandma OH's. In fact, I had such a zeal for it that I think there were a few times that I ate all the dried fruit she had.  I was a little thing and I think it shocked her.  Right after daddy and I were married she brought us some food, including dried fruit, to our little place.  I loved it! 

When we moved to NYC I was introduced to Trader Joes and I bought a lot of it and had my hearts content of almost all the dried fruit I could want. The only problem is that I used it as a treat so much that it is only a treat to me now.  

At this point, my favorite dried fruit is dried pears.  I love them when they are beyond chewy, but not crunchy.  They last longer and the taste seems to stay longer.


1. Slice pears thinly. Mine are more . . . artistic.  Those more "artistic" ones took longer to cook.  Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Slice and put on parchment or oil sprayed aluminum foil.

2. This is about an hour in. I turned them over about every half hour.

3.  Take them out and store them up to two weeks.  Our didn't make it that long.  They lasted about a half-hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment