Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Got In!

We went on vacation, more on that later, and I did not hear from the PS Choir.  I rethought my audition and realized several places that I really could have been better.  I have not auditioned for anything since 2004--the NYC Temple Dedication Choir in NJ.  I thought they said they would let me know earlier this week.  No answer came.  So I thought that I did not get in and maybe I should consider spending my time elsewhere and sort of kicking myself for the errors and then telling myself that if I did not get in, then it was not meant to be.  I was mindfully thinking of what I would write to you about not getting what you thought you wanted.  


Then Sunday, I got the email that I needed to be at the rehearsals very soon.  And now, do I really want to do this?  I will be doing requiems and hopefully singing with an orchestra (which I love).  I know this will challenge my knowledge and voice, as well as increase my musical abilities, which I also love. It will show you that I enjoy learning and challenging myself. But I cannot help feeling that I need to begin to grow my talents in another area that has been on my mind for a long time, but which requires tender and careful cultivation.  There is also the option of auditioning and joining another choir that may or may not do music that I find utterly enjoyable, but would not challenge me in the same aspects, but that will take substantially  less practice time and is located much closer and may have members of my current ward in it, and that focuses a bit more on service than intricate melodies. 

I must tell you that I am dearly grateful for your Daddy.  He is emphatic that I get an opportunity to stretch my talents and he wants to support me in what I want to do.  I hope you can find some one that you'll love and adore, who will support you and whom you will support.  Daddy is very good at cherishing me and making me feel like I am loved. I think I am pretty good at making him feel that way too!  He says that I supported him for those ten years when he was on call and it didn't seem like I could get out long enough to do those things, that now that we can I should do it!!


I went to the rehearsal and the first person I met was my mentor, right after I got out of the car (which is saying something, because the choir has over 160 people).  When we began singing, the harmonies soon began their soul hugging, nice to hear you again familiarity. The director said that if we let it, this requiem could change our lives.  It is a war requiem and in the first moments of the piece you can feel the drums of war pounding and other emotions come out of the piece later on.  It is amazing to hear and I'm excited to sing it with an orchestra.

I hope that you will love music, that it will touch your soul and that it will bring it closer to God. :) Music has done that for me time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment