Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Father's Day to W


You know, you have been very blessed to have wonderful examples of fatherhood in your lives.  W, your Dad is one of the very best fathers that I know. He works very hard for you.  He loves you. You love it when he plays with you. He practices with you. He helps you get food when it is past your bed time and I am completely exhausted and past the "Mom, could I" patience point. He goes into your room when you are asleep and he pulls up the covers so you're not too cold.  He lifts you up so you can pretend to walk on the ceiling.  He plays "fishies" with you. He is very patient with you! He laughs at your jokes. He is so happy when you have successes. He makes plans for you and wants you to accomplish your goals.  He loves me and shows me a lot of respect.  


Those last two sentences may have you wondering what that has to do with you. In our family, Mommy and Daddy love each other more than any one else. 

Daddy  and baby S in 2005

Elaine S. Dalton said in October 2011 to the fathers:

“The most important thing a father can do for his [daughter] is to love [her] mother.”1 By the way you love her mother, you will teach your daughter about tenderness, loyalty, respect, compassion, and devotion. She will learn from your example what to expect from young men and what qualities to seek in a future spouse. You can show your daughter by the way you love and honor your wife that she should never settle for less. Your example will teach your daughter to value womanhood. You are showing her that she is a daughter of our Heavenly Father, who loves her.
 This is what Daddy does!  I hope that how you, R and T will be as fathers and I hope that you, K and S will marry such men when the time is right.  I love you!  I love your Daddy soooo much! I feel exceedingly blessed that he married me and loves and cherishes me.  I love you, W!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment