Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Stay Hydrated!


Two Sundays ago, we had some temple workers come to our ward. I can't remember their names, but I loved listening to them speak.  The wife's talk particularly touched me. She has cancer and is going through chemotherapy.  She told us about one day that she felt particularly awful.  She remembered one now cancer-free person advised her to drink a lot of water.

She talked about the significance of water in the scriptures, the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well and other well-known instances in the New Testament with the Savior.  The water represented the spiritual nourishment offered by the water spoken of by the Savior.  It was beautiful and just what I needed to hear.  What are the sources (or well) to which we may turn when our "thirst" strikes, you may ask?  The Scriptures, words of the modern-day Prophets, prayer, Patriarchal Blessings and going to the Temple.


After her talk I felt very thirsty, but I also felt inspired.


Drink lots of water (both kinds)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment