Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day

Photo from Yeenor Yam.
You made me feel like the most special mother on the planet.  On Thursday, S, you brought home a beautiful card.  I meant to take a video of you reading it to me, but I think it was accidentally discarded in one of our cleaning sprees.  You had written "MOM" in lovely glittered letters on pink construction paper.  Then on the inside you spelled out MOTHER'S DAY and wrote a lot of sweet things including "Happy Mother's Day" several times as well as acknowledging the fact that you were hungry. This made me laugh a lot and you re-read the card to me three times and each time you came to that we looked into each other's eyes and laughed together.  I loved it!  You also made me a really cute candy bouquet that they made in Activity Days (you made yours after church, because I forgot, again).   You also purchased a flower at the mother's day flower sale, but I am not sure what happened to it. I love you, S. You know how to make me smile.


Photo from our friend, Shonna Trinch
Another Photo from Shonna Trinch.
Another Photo from Shonna Trinch.
 On Friday, R, your teacher planned a wonderful activity--just for the moms and kidlets.  I was so surprised to come in and see each desk with a bag on it.  There was yummy food set out. All your class was brimming with excitement and anticipation. Almost every mother came.  You and your class served all the mothers food and then you got your own food.  Then we opened our gifts and you read what it said on yours to me so proudly. I was so grateful and I thought how was I so blessed to have such a good son.  Thank you for being my boy.

You took this photo, R. 

If you'd like see your class singing go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At88_mFG2Ks.

Then T, I came to pick you up from school and you skipped out to me to give the plant that you had planted.   You were positively thrilled with the gift. I think you handed it to me and shouted, "This is for you! Happy Mother's Day!" Then you told me it was your teacher's mother's day.  We sent roses for them on Tuesday (an extended Mother's Day if you will).




I got bouquet of 24 gorgeous roses with chocolates from Grandma V.  Thanks Mommers!  You're so sweet!  The roses made me feel so happy!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment