Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday


At Family Friday today, you S, had a poetry reading at Family Friday and I slipped out after you read to visit R's class.


I was going to go vacuum out the car myself, but then my dear friend Braxton Hicks (haha) kicked in and I decided that I was going to splurge and get my car washed and vacuumed by the professionals.  I waited in line for ten minutes and I think they did a great job vacuuming out the car--better than I could have done, in fact.  And I got to watch other people do the work.  I was so grateful for all they were doing, especially because my car pre-cleaning looked like the place where all goldfish crackers go to die.  So instead of spending the $3-6 I was planning on spending, I spent $15-ish and I didn't tip. Are you supposed to tip those guys? 

Then I picked up T from school and my friend Whitney and I (with you, T and your friends Blake and Trevor) walked over to the set of A Walk Among the Tombstones which was filming right near the place, which in my opinion serves the second best tabbouleh (a lemon-parsley-middle eastern dish that is sublime) in Bay Ridge.  We had missed Liam Neeson (of Batman trainer, Obi-wan and Darth Vader mentor, Zeus and Aslan fame) but we sat and watched for a few minutes. Apparently some thought they saw one of the stars of this show, who is also a star for the PBS/BBC series Downton Abbey, Dan Stevens.  


You and Blake kept us laughing and Trevor smiling. 


After school I took the kids to the park for a playdate.  It was a rich, full day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment