Monday, May 6, 2013

Bumper Belly

A photo of our family in front of the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in Manhattan.  35 Weeks Pregnant me--whose  stomach is shading T from the sun.  
One of the biggest adjustments to being nine months pregnant is my large tummy. In fact, I had one fellow come up to me in church that hasn't seen me in six months and spend an entire minute telling how monumentally large is my tummy.  I felt like the wolf in the movie Hoodwinked that says to Red Riding Hood, "Are we just going to sit here and talk about how big I'm getting?!" 

It is big. I know it.

If I were in a room with a whole bunch of eight to nine month pregnant women, we'd likely chat together and then accidentally start a game of bumper bellies (similar to bumper cars, but gentler because we're carrying little people in there).  

Instead, I just bump the children in primary and my kidlets at home.  Although, unlike bumper cars, my bumps are entirely accidental, but it still astounds me how far they bounce. And I always check to make sure they are okay (no injuries so far).

My good friend, Patrice, reminded me to think of the things I am going through with a positive attitude.  So that is my positive outlook on being 36 weeks pregnant. Also, I've gotten a lot of "You look beautiful!" "I wish you could bottle that pregnancy glow and give it to me--minus being pregnant." types of  comments from dear people at church and that kind of makes me feel lovely!

As my dear mother-in-law said when I was very pregnant with you R and just feeling not-so-lovely, "There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman, except a new mom."  

No comments:

Post a Comment