Thursday, April 18, 2013

When I Shared . . .

When I was background for the movie Now You See Me, coming out the day before Baby Girl is due, I had an interesting experience--missionary-type.  I love talking about our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (if you haven't noticed from the last few days of posting), and on one of the last days of filming I had a group of about five to eight people sitting around me.  The subject turned to being a Mormon.  I'm not always good at answering questions, but I tried really hard to pray for guidance in what to say.  

They asked me about the things that they had heard or seen on television or media and I strove to answer their questions. I think I told them about the pre-existence, which really excites me.  The fact that we know where we're from and where we're going offers tremendous comfort to me.  

It was in this room--by that pillar in the background.  A couple of the girls in the photo may have been listening.  That face is the face I get when I'm doing something completely out of my ordinary.  That is the face I give to every one, because I honestly feel very happy.

Some said they might be interested in attending church.  One of them lived close to our old ward in Midwood, so I told them they should look it up and go.  

I told them that my knowledge of the Gospel was one of the things that made me feel so happy and want to smile a lot. :) 

There may have been seeds planted, but even if there were not I know that I nurtured my own faith and I felt swelling joy sharing what I knew and believed with them (like in The Book of Mormon, in Alma 32:28-43 ).  I hope they felt even just an inkling of what I felt!

S, you are fearless and you love love love telling people about the Church.  You give me updates, "Oh mom, so-and-so said they want to come to church with me." "I told her about this and she believes in Jesus too!" 

R, you're a little like me, you like to be asked about it.  But when you are asked you like to share.

T, you shout it to the world! Or at least to the whole airplane we rode last time we went out west, "We don't drink alcohol, coffee or tea and we don't smoke tobacco or cigarettes!"  I liked the attendant's response, "Well that is good, because you are only four." 

Baby Girl, what will you be like?! 

I love hearing Daddy tell people about the Gospel.  It is one of my favorite things to hear! It's then that I notice how much his eyes sparkle and I cannot tell you how much I love that!

So glad I have you!

If you're reading this and you have questions about being a Mormon, let me know and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.  I can also refer to those nice young people with classy clothes, black name tags, and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment