Monday, April 22, 2013

To W

Dear W:

Yesterday, at church, I felt an intense need to go out and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. I think you may have been inspired to come out of the Sunday School room moments before everyone else, because I needed it right then.  I told you how I was feeling and without a second pause you said, "Okay, let's go."

We picked the kidlets up from their classes while they were asking, "Are we going home? What are we doing?" We didn't say a word about where we were going, we just got in the car and drove to the place where spring would be its springy-est, the Greenwood Cemetery. 

My hero, driving us through the cemetery.

It made my heart soar to see the beautiful blossoms, to see the joyful faces of our children as they dashed about examining the different flowers and looking at the different names on the headstones and your face as you observed everything (even though you were really hungry).  

Do you know how much I love and appreciate you?  You work so hard and I feel cherished. 

I am so glad that I can be with you beyond the grave, through eternity.  I think God knew I needed you!

Love, 
M

PS Happy birthday the other day!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful day and a beautiful letter. You all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete